Tiger Cub Scouts
About Tiger Cub Scouts
Tiger Cubs are aged 6-7, and usually in 1st grade. Tiger Cub Scouts must complete six required adventures and one of thirteen elective adventures with their den or family, as well as completing with their family age-specific exercises to help prevent child abuse. The abuse prevention requirements must be completed annually.
A Tiger’s first goal will be to achieve their Bobcat rank, which they will learn about at their first Den Meeting.
You will need to buy a uniform for your Cub Scout as follows:
See this guide for information on the Cub Scout Uniform.
- Shirt – Blue Cub Scout Shirt (buy slightly large so they can reuse it for a few years).
- Belt – Official Cub Scout Belt & Belt Buckle
- Hat – Pack Hat (optional)
- Pants – Official Uniform Blue Long Pants, Shorts, Skorts or Roll Up Pants (optional)
- Insignia –
- The numbers 106 patches
- World Crest patch
- Appropriate DEN patch (1, 2 or 3 – check with your Den Leader)
- Heart of New England shoulder patch
Click here for Scout Store information.
The den will provide each Cub Scout with a neckerchief and slide at registration or the first Pack meeting. Any patches, medals or awards earned during the year will also be provided by the pack.
Den meeting schedules are determined by the Den based on family’s availability. The schedule is usually decided on at the beginning of the Scouting year (September).
Our Pack meetings will be held monthly at St Mary’s Parish, usually on the 3rd Friday of the month, from 7:00PM-8:30PM downstairs in St. Mary’s Hall. Pack meetings include all our Cub Scouts – Lions, Tigers, Wolves, Bears, and Webelos, along with their families.