About Webelos Den 1
- Webelos Den 1 is lead by Lewis Alderton and Andrea Flaherty
- Webelos Den 2 is lead by James Taillefer and Jamie Poirier
Webelos covers two years of activity for the scouts, and so the rank is broken into Webelos I and Webelos II (Arrow of Light Scouts). Webelos I Scouts are boys, aged 9-10, and usually in 4th grade. The requirements for the Webelos badge and “Activity Badges” are somewhat at more difficult and challenging than those for Bear rank. If you are brand new to Scouting, your first goal will be to achieve your Bobcat rank, which you will learn about at your first Den Meeting.
The Uniform and Supplies
You will need to buy a uniform for your boy as follows:
- Blue OR Tan Scout Shirt (buy slightly large so he can reuse it for a few years). See this guide for information on the Webelos Uniform.
- Blue OR Olive Belt (note that Belt Loops will only fit on the Blue Belt)
- Webelos Belt Buckle
- Webelos Hat (optional)
- Official Uniform Blue OR Olive Pants (optional)
- The numbers 106 patches
- World crest patch
- DEN 1 patch
- Mohegan Council shoulder patch
The Den will provide each boy with the Webelos Handbook, neckerchief and slide at registration or the first Pack meeting. Any patches, medals or awards earned during the year will also be provided by the pack.
Our Pack meetings will be held monthly usually on Friday evenings from 7:00-8:30 downstairs in St. Mary’s Hall. Pack meetings include all our Cub Scouts – Tigers, Wolves, Bears, and Webelos along with their families.
After earning the Bobcat badge, a boy may earn the Webelos Badge and Arrow of Light Award. Along the way, 20 different Webelos Activity Pins are achievable. This is an excellent Achievements reference.