Summer Camp 2016
It’s time to start thinking about Summer Camp again. The boys did a great job selling popcorn in the fall and many of them earned vouchers for summer camp – let’s hope they all get used.
2 camp offerings are available, Cub Scout Adventure Camp and Webelos Under the Stars. Both camps are hosted at our Treasure Valley Scout Reservation … 1600 acres of pure fun !!!
- Cub Scout Adventure Camp is a open to all cub scouts. On most days the boys get a chance to swim at the waterfront, shoot BB guns, practice archery, do various scoutcraft activities, work on songs and skits.
- Webelos Under the Stars is for the older boys only – current Bears and Webelos are eligible. This is a 4 day overnight camp. The boys are put into patrols headed by seasoned Boy Scouts. While at camp they work on many of the more advanced Webelos requirements.
Many of the boys earned Camp credit as part of their popcorn rewards – it can be used towards either camp.
Registration for all camps begins on 3/1
There are 6 weeks of summer day camp to chose from :-
- Week 1 (July 4th – 8th)
- Week 2 (July 11th – 15th)
- Week 3 (July 18th – 22nd)
- Week 4 (July 25th – 29th)
- Week 5 (Aug 1st – 6th)
The cost for each week of camp is $215 ( or $265 for registrations after April 26 ). There is no charge for attending parents/leaders.
Please note that unlike previous years there will be no bus from Grafton to Treasure Valley – carpooling is highly recommended.
All scouts and parents attending day or resident camp must complete parts A, B, C medical form
Boys of all ranks can attend day camp. Boys that are currently Bears or Webelos have the option to attend Webelos Under the Stars (WRC).
Webelos Under the Stars
This is a camp experience tailored to the older Cub Scouts and the boys will camp overnight for the duration of the camp. Activities have not been finalized yet but in previous years included waterfront, BB, Archery, Campfires, Outdoor Cooking, Scoutcraft, Science and a whole bunch of singing, skits, and just being a boy !!!!
The dates for WebelosUnder the Stars are:
- Week 1 (July 3th – 6th)
- Week 2 (July 10th – 13th)
- Week 3 (July 17th – 20th)
- Week 4 (July 24th – 27th)
- Week 5 (July 31st – 3rd)
The cost of attending is $225 per boy ( or $265 if registered after April 26th ). Parents/Leaders can attend and will be charged a small fee to cover meals ( space is limited forParents/Leaders so please sign up early )
I know some boys would be more comfortable being at camp with a familiar face around – the following leaders will be attending camp :-
- Day Camp
- Week 3 Mark Benoit
- Resident Camp
- Week 2 Mark Benoit
- Week 3 Lewis Alderton
Mark Benoit is our Camp Coordinator this year so feel free to contact Mark with any questions you may have firstname.lastname@example.org
Camperships are available from Mohegan Council for families who need assistance with the cost of camp. Up to 50% of the cost of camp can be covered, the exact amount is usually tied to the individual’s popcorn sales. To qualify for a Campership you will need to fill out and submit an application by March 1st !!