About Arrow of Light Scouts
Webelos covers two years of activity for the scouts, and so the rank is broken into Webelos and Arrow of Light Scouts. Arrow of Light Scouts are aged 10-11, and usually in 5th grade. The Arrow of Light award is the highest rank award available to Cub Scouts. To earn the Arrow of Light, the Cub Scout must complete four required adventures, three of eighteen elective adventures, and the Cyber Chip and child abuse prevention exercises. Cub Scouts in this rank are focused on attaining the “Arrow of Light” award, which is the highest achievement in Cub Scouts; this award, if attained, is worn on the Scout uniform as well as Adult Leader uniforms! Arrow of Light Scouts will transition to ScoutsBSA at the Blue and Gold Banquet in February.
If you are brand new to Scouting, your first goal will be to achieve your Bobcat rank, which you will learn about at your first Den Meeting.
You will need to buy a uniform for your Cub Scout as follows:
- Shirt – Blue OR Tan Scout Shirt (buy slightly large so they can reuse it for a few years).
- Belt – Blue OR Olive Belt (note that Belt Loops will only fit on the Blue Belt)
- Hat – Pack Hat (optional)
- Pants – Official Uniform Blue or Green Long Pants, Shorts, Skorts or Roll Up Pants (optional)
- Insignia –
- The numbers 106 patches (Red for the Blue Uniform, Green for the Tan Uniform)
- World Crest patch
- Appropriate DEN patch (1, 2 or 3 – check with your Den Leader)
- Heart of New England shoulder patch
The den will provide each Cub Scout with the Webelos Handbook, neckerchief and slide at registration or the first Pack meeting. Any patches, medals or awards earned during the year will also be provided by the pack.
Den meeting schedules are determined by the Den based on family’s availability. The schedule is usually decided on at the beginning of the Scouting year (September).
Our Pack meetings will be held monthly at St Mary’s Parish, usually on the 3rd Friday of the month, from 7:00PM-8:30PM downstairs in St. Mary’s Hall. Pack meetings include all our Cub Scouts – Lions, Tigers, Wolves, Bears, and Webelos, along with their families.