Tiger, Wolf, Bear and Webelos Scouts have the opportunity to earn the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award. Cub Scoutsmay earn the award in each of the program years as long as the requirements are completed each year. The first time the award is earned, the Cub Scout will receive the pocket flap award (shown above), which is to be worn on the right pocket flap of the uniform shirt. Each successive time the award is earned, a wolf track pin (also shown above) may be added to the flap. Leaders should encourage Cub Scouts to build on skills and experiences from previous years when working on the award for a successive year.
Attend Cub Scout day camp or Cub Scout/Webelos Scout resident camp.
Additionally, complete the rank-specific requirements as follows:
- Complete the Backyard Jungle adventure, and
- Complete four of the outdoor activities listed below.
- Complete the Paws on the Path adventure, and
- Complete five of the outdoor activities listed below.
- Complete the Bear Necessities adventure, and
- Complete six of the outdoor activities listed below.
Webelos Scouts (Including Arrow of Light Rank)
- Complete the Webelos Walkabout adventure, and
- Complete seven of the outdoor activities listed below.
With your den, pack, or family:
- Participate in a nature hike in your local area. This can be on an organized, marked trail, or just a hike to observe nature in your area.
- Participate in an outdoor activity such as a picnic or park fun day.
- Explain the buddy system and tell what to do if lost. Explain the importance of cooperation.
- Attend a pack overnighter. Be responsible by being prepared for the event.
- Complete an outdoor service project in your community.
- Complete a nature/conservation project in your area. This project should involve improving, beautifying, or supporting natural habitats. Discuss how this project helped you to respect nature.
- Earn the Summertime Pack Award.
- Participate in a nature observation activity. Describe or illustrate and display your observations at a den or pack meeting.
- Participate in an outdoor aquatic activity. This can be an organized swim meet or just a den or pack swim.
- Participate in an outdoor campfire program. Perform in a skit, sing a song, or take part in a ceremony.
- Participate in an outdoor sporting event.
- Participate in an outdoor Scout’s Own or other worship service.
- Explore a local city, county, state, or national park. Discuss with your den how a good citizen obeys the park rules.
- All of these activities should be done in addition to activities being done for Rank Advancement (Adventures), i.e do not double count your hiking, campfire, etc.